Nigerian military operatives who rescued 76 of the missing Yobe schoolgirls late Wednesday also recovered the bodies of two others, according to a Reuters report, quoting three parents, a resident and a local government official. The students went missing during a Boko Haram attack on Government Girls Secondary School, Dapchi, on Monday evening.
“Everybody is celebrating their coming with songs and praises to God almighty,” said Babagana Umar, one of the parents whose daughter had disappeared. “The only sad news is that two girls were dead and no explanation.”
The rescued girls were returned to the village of Dapchi late on Wednesday evening, Umar and other residents said, according to Reuters.
The news agency said that at least 13 students may still be missing.
The Police Commissioner in Yobe, Abdulmaliki Sumonu, had earlier in the day confirmed that 111 girls were still unaccounted for, following the attack, but the State Government quoted lower figures.
Source News Express